Miami Truck Accident Attorneys
Helping Victims of Semi-Truck, 18-Wheeler & Other Commercial Truck Accidents
More often than not, semi-truck collisions, 18-wheeler crashes, and other large commercial truck accidents result in catastrophic injuries and even deaths. Trucks are so much larger than other vehicles, which makes them capable of causing a significant amount of damage to cars, pickup trucks, motorcycles, and drivers on the road.
This type of accident also makes for a complicated legal case, especially if the victims involved don’t rely on the sound legal advice of an experienced truck accident attorney. If you or a loved one has been involved in a large truck wreck in Miami or anywhere in South Florida, hiring someone with hands-on legal experience could be the best way to get the compensation that you deserve.
At Amanda Demanda Law Group, our Miami truck accident attorneys have extensive experience and the legal resources needed to effectively advocate for you and your recovery. If you were injured or if your loved one tragically died due to a commercial vehicle accident, get in touch with our team today to learn how we can help.
What Types of Compensation Can You Recover After a Semi-Truck Accident?
Commercial 18-wheeler truck accidents can lead to catastrophic results. Many people lose their lives or at the very least become severely injured. Florida law recognizes this, which is why it allows injured truck accident victims to recover compensation from the at-fault party. If you are a truck accident victim, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- All medical expenses
- Lost income/wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Property damage
- Future medical costs
- Loss of future earnings
- Diminished earning capacity
- Lost enjoyment of life
Our experienced attorneys are ready to work tirelessly to maximize your claim. We understand just how important it is that you recover a fair settlement so that you can get back on your feet and navigate the recovery process. If necessary, Amanda Demanda Law Group is fully prepared to represent you and your best interests at trial.
Who Is at Fault for a Truck Accident?
A number of parties could be held liable for a truck accident. The truck driver could be held accountable if the accident occurred as a result of their careless or unsafe driving. Trucking companies are also held liable for the actions of their employees and for failing to comply with federal trucking regulations. In some cases, the manufacturer of a defective truck or truck part could even be liable.
Depending on the facts of your case, any of the following parties could be partly or entirely responsible for your damages:
- The truck driver
- The truck driver’s employer
- The person or party responsible for truck maintenance
- The person or party that loaded the truck’s cargo
- The manufacturer of a defective truck or truck part
- The entity responsible for roadway construction, design, or maintenance
- Another driver on the road
- A negligent pedestrian or bicyclist
- The trucking company
To determine who is liable, our Miami truck accident lawyers carefully investigate these claims, working alongside accident reconstructionists and other experts with extensive experience in the field. We review all applicable evidence, such as cellphone records, electronic data, black box recordings, eyewitness statements, video surveillance footage, and more. This allows us to obtain a clear picture of what happened and, most importantly, who is responsible.
What Not to Do After a Truck Accident
Being the victim of a truck accident can be one of the most frightening moments of your life, but it’s important to remember that everything that happens at the scene is now a legal matter.
To avoid making a mistake that could jeopardize your claim, we advise that you:
- Do not skip calling 911. You will need a law enforcement officer to come to the scene and create an official police report detailing what happened.
- Do not wait to seek medical attention, even if you believe you have only suffered minor injuries. This is something that will play a big factor in your injury case.
- Do not speak to the trucking company or its insurance company. You may end up making a mistake that affects the outcome of your claim.
- Do not accept the first offer from the trucking company or other liable party’s insurance company. In fact, you should always consult an injury lawyer to evaluate the offer before moving forward.
- Do not ever admit fault for an accident. It may be natural to apologize in these scenarios, but remember that the words you use at the scene of the accident could end up affecting your ability to recover compensation.
- Do not wait to contact a personal injury lawyer with experience handling complex truck accident claims. If you wait too long, important evidence could be lost, or the statute of limitations could expire.
How Can A Trucking Accident Lawyer Help Your Case?
After calling the authorities and seeking medical attention, the next thing you should do is call an injury attorney with experience handling truck accident cases, like ours at Amanda Demanda Law Group. Our team is here to help victims and their loved ones recover the damages they deserve by fighting for their rights in court.
To prove that someone was at fault in a truck accident case, our team can communicate these points:
- The defendant owed the plaintiff a duty of care
- The defendant somehow breached their duty of care
- The breach caused your injuries
- The breach of duty resulted in damages
A number of parties could be held liable in a truck accident case. Our Miami truck accident lawyers can conduct a thorough investigation to determine how the accident occurred and who should be held liable. Then, we will aggressively pursue compensation on your behalf.
Schedule Your Free Consultation for Your Truck Accident Claim Before It’s Too Late
The state of Florida is very understanding that it could take people a while to get back to their normal lives after a truck accident has taken place, which explains why the state gives victims up to four years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. That doesn’t mean that you should wait, though. The sooner you take legal action, the easier it is for your attorney to gather the evidence needed to win fair compensation on your behalf.
We urge you to reach out to our team right away to learn how we can help you after a serious truck accident. Our firm offers free initial consultations and provides all legal services on a contingency fee basis. You do not owe any legal fees unless/until we win your case.